![]() |
| I used to be indecisive. Now I don't know anymore. |
It's been interesting to see how automation of this kind of process has developed over the years. Personally, this is something I would normally do in Photoshop or Gimp, but that's because my undergrad was in graphic design. Not everybody has that skill set. That's why these image generation sites can be pretty useful.
We live in a world where photo manipulation is pretty acceptable. I'd go as far as to say it's expected. Unfortunately the traditional tools by which these things are done aren't exactly user friendly. Certainly there are lots of people out there with neat ideas for photo manip that could make some awesome stuff with a site like Image Chef. It seems to me that part of the personal computer movement is making the computer personal. That is to say, to make the computer accessible to the widest audience possible.

Love the picture! The caption is just as funny. I agree with the idea that photo manipulation is expected. Think about commercials and billboards - magazine advertizements are notorious for using manipulated photos. I checked out Image Chef, too. Fun!
ReplyDeleteI know how that bear feels, or at least I think I do. I lived with a graphic design student in college and he made some of the coolest things with photoshop. I am so glad this is much easier for an idiot like me.
ReplyDelete