Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thing 7

I found it to actually be pretty hard to find a photo on Flickr for which I could get a direct URL to the image.  In learning about Flicker one of the neat things I discovered is that there are some pretty good privacy options, and the Flickr site even protects images frown download if that is what the uploader wants.  That's pretty awesome for the owner, but for the purposes of this assignment it meant most of the neatest pictures I wanted to use were protected.  To get the image you see here wasn't a straightforward process either.  I found an option to copy BBC code, and from that I was able to find and cut out the image's URL.

On a personal note, looking through all this great photography I wanted to blog about reminds me how much I miss using my film camera, the one that's as old as I am.  It went with me everywhere the semester I took photography for my undergrad.  Once you go SLR you just can't go back.  I'm going to have to consider getting a digital SLR now.

At any rate, this picture is by Adolfo Arranz and it can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. I had problems with this assignment, too. I did all kinds of searches, found photos that had no limitations, and still couldn't do it. I don't know how, but somehow I connected Flickr to my blogspot and all of a sudden the pictures started creating their own posts... Your BBC code sounds much simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who had trouble with this particular activity. Since I consider myself near the lower end of the tech-savvy rating scale, I appreciate the insight. Nice galleon, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Super neat galleon. Look around on Adolfo Arranz's page and you'll spot the finished version of that ship drawing in watercolor.

    ReplyDelete