Thursday, January 26, 2012
Thing 2
As to blogging, I've done this before. Not with Blogger, but certainly I have blogged using other services. Other than having to contend with a foreign interface the experience is much the same. It's somewhat hard to comment on how I feel about this experience except to say that it feels natural because I've done it so much before. I am, however, pleased to see that the way Blogger is set up is very user friendly. I can already see from some of my classmates that this blog is something totally new to them, and as much as I'd like to be using Wordpress, I would much prefer the shallower learning curve of Blogger if I were teaching this class. I suppose time will tell if Blogger has enough advanced features for me to personally continue using it full time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the name of your blog! However, being one of those very close to the low end of the learning curve, Blogger suits me just fine.
ReplyDeleteAnd you know, there's nothing wrong with that. At this point computer and Internet technology has long, LONG gotten past the days of hand coding just to interface with the machine. (I'm sorry, but you Linux users are just weird.) Today there's no excuse today for not having an accessible option for the uninitiated. After all, how else are we going to help them get up to speed?
ReplyDeleteI agree that Blogger is a little limited compared to Wordpress, but the main thing I like about Blogger is the integration with my Google account. The fewer logins and passwords I have to keep track of, the better. Blogger's interface is also a lot more straightforward in my opinion, but to each their own, I suppose. Also, as a frequent user of Ubuntu & Linux Mint, please be kind to we Linux users: not all of us are totally crazy!
ReplyDelete